Thursday, August 27, 2009

THE CONTENTS OF MY 3RD PACKAGE REVEALED

WOW! I can't believe all the guesses I got on my little skull teaser pic! Thanks to all who took the time to make a guess. And I must say I did have to smile at some of the comments made by my fellow Halloween lovers (JAMIE and NICOLE), lol! I figured it would at least drive them nuts :)

So for those of you who guessed 3-D acrylic moulds, you were correct! I got my moulds from 3D NAIL. These things are just awesome I tell you! This is like acrylic 3D nail art for dummies! And by dummies, I mean people like me! I rec'd five moulds from them. The moulds are a flexible, rubber mould that you fill with acrylic, let dry and then pop out. You then place your newly formed piece of 3D nail art on your nail. Below is a short video for the goldfish mould (which I got, squeeeeee!)





See!! How easy does that look?

Here are the moulds that I got:


You will need to enlarge the image to really see all the cute designs on the moulds. I got: The Goldfish, Skulls, flowers, dragonfly and bee, & butterfly bows. They have almost 100 different moulds, so these five are just a fraction of what they offer. (Including a pumpkin one I was really tempted to get.)

I just had to use one of these last night, so I picked the skull one. I just got a little starter acrylic nail set from Sallys to use, that came with a little brush as well as the acrylic stuff I would need. This is the first time I have ever used this stuff and it was a little difficult to figure out how much liquid I needed on the brush, and it wasn't really picking up a little ball of powder like I have seen when I get my nails done. SO I think I need a little practice as far as that goes. Luckily my kit came with a acrylic nail how to DVD, so I will watch that for some pointers. I also noticed when I was done that I did have a few air bubbles in my disign, so I don't think I packed it into the mould enough either. I only got two skulls done when the BF started whining about the smell, so I stopped. So here is my first attempt:

I was literally squealing with delight over this! When I say I squealed, that's what I did, you should have seen Dinky pop her head up from under the covers and cock it sideways at me, lol! I had to show the BF what was causing all the stink. Who then asked, why did I stop . . . . . blank stare right into his eyes, uh weren't you just going into dramatics over the smell?! I swear, at times like these I could star in the next episode of SNAPPED! So I only have this one to show you today, but I plan on putting these moulds to good use, very soon!

I also wanted to point out that I got excellent, personable service on these! I had a few emails going with King, and he was most helpful to me. He was extremely prompt and very courteous with his responses. These came from Taiwan and were shipped on Thursday Aug. 20th and I received them Wednesday Aug 26th!!! That is like super duper fast!



So tell me ladies, what do you think of these 3D acrylic nail art moulds? Something you would purchase or have purchased? I would love to hear all of your opinions on these.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

let me be the first to say I love it. I have been thinking of all sorts of cool molds that I would like. I like woodsy things. A pinecone,cactus,tree ooh how about a christmas tree and then decorate it! Loved the snapped comment. Mom

Rai said...

Ooooh, that looks neat!
I wouldn't mind having 3-D nails every now and then.

Nicole said...

OH OH OH! *squees* It looks so COOL on your nail! I gotta get these for Halloween! Hahaha I'm like a little kid, that would look so neat for a special Halloween mani! Awesome! Good to know I can pick up the supplies I need for it at Sally's too. I'll have to work on the other end of the house from hubby, he doesn't like the smell either, he can't tolerate just nail polish smell. However, remover doesn't bother him! WEIRD.
*more squees* THEY HAVE PUMPKINS? I am all over this! Haha!
Seriously they look really cool Brooke! I'm so glad you featured this!

Shayla said...

These are the neatest things! About how much do they cost?

Jamie D. said...

Those are totally cool, Brooke. I love how those skulls look! I can't wait to see all of the artwork you're going to be rockin' with those...

*sigh* I wouldn't buy them myself, because I don't do acrylics (not much into subjecting myself to the smell either). But that doesn't mean I won't be drooling over your super-groovy 3D artwork! :-)

nihrida said...

Am I the first? I don't like it. I don't like 3D art on nails in general. I prefer Konad. But hey, I'm a girl who used to wear only vampy red & black nail polish. :)

MightyLambchop said...

That is really cool. I would love to have that mani for Halloween!

Anonymous said...

I had never heard of these before you, Brooke! LOL They are totally cute. I'm totally not telling my mom! She'll be wanting me to put them on her nails LOL.

Lacquer Laine said...

That is so cool! I have never seen that before! I LOOOOVVEE Dragonflies so if you use those you should post a pic! I am so curious to see how they turn out because they look huge. How would they fit on your nail!?

Kae said...

I love it, the skull is so cool! What a neat way to do some 3d nail art, I want to see the rest soon lol *^^

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, thank you so much for posting!! I want all of them. I can't wait to see what you do with the bows and goldfish. I have got to get some of these. ^_^

Violet LeBeaux said...

Ah silly me, ignore my other comment asking where you bought these from ^_^ Seriously cool, I'm totally off to check their site now!

Paige said...

These are awesome! I love the idea, but I am not sure that I would wear them on a regular basis as I feel they would get in the way sometimes.

Anonymous said...

I think those are really awesome! You'll have to tell us if they're hard to remove, and if they snag on clothes or anything! that would be my only concern! I just got Nfu Oh in 54 so also thanks for showing what it looks like over black...I love it!!! :)

ThRiSzHa said...

those are really cool.. i had tried to do an acrylic nail art once..i dont really like the smell of the acrylic liquid...hehehe

Lucy said...

These are amazing looking. I've never seen anything like this before. I won't do anything like that myself. I'm going to let you do all the work. I will sit back and let you make all the gorgeous stuff in those molds. I can't wait to see what interesting things you'll put on your nails. Can you build some of the nail art like I've seen on Jen's web site?
That would really be crazy!
I'd love to see some Halloween things. I also adore Halloween. I scaled down on decorations but I will look for new stuff. I can't resist it.

Alexlyndra said...

I could definitely spend money on these 3D acrylics, especially this one with the skull since I love skull! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
This policy is valid from 07 December 2009


This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact getchanailsdid@yahoo.com.


This blog does not accept any form of cash advertising, sponsorship, or paid topic insertions. However, we will and do accept and keep free products, services, travel, event tickets, and other forms of compensation from companies and organizations.

This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.


To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org